Barthmann Denture Clinic Annual Check Ups
An annual checkup appointment is important to ensure that your oral tissue, jaw bone, and oral cavity are in healthy condition.
Oral Tissue and Jaw Bone
Your mouth will undergo expected changes over time. Did you know that shrinkage of the underlying jaw bone where your dentures rest is inevitable?
The soft gum tissue that covers the jaw bone will also change over time.
Having an annual oral exam will help us detect or prevent the existence of oral cancer or other unusual conditions.
Medical and Dental History
Your medical and dental history is important to us and will help with your overall treatment.
Your annual visit may include:
- updating of your dental and medical history
- intra-oral examination
- checking your dentures for chips and cracks along with worn, loose or missing teeth
- checking the esthetics, bite and stability
- discussing options available
- education about oral hygiene procedures and denture care
- cleaning and polishing of your dentures
Contact us now at (905) 662-7521 to book your appointment.